On Tuesday, 10 December 2002 at 23:28:59 +0900, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> I'm afraid your linker (GNU ld) is not capable to create dynamic
> loadable modules (.so), or maybe we need to specify some unknown
> command line options to the linker to do so.  Do manual pages on your
> machine say anything?  Try man dlopen, ld etc.
>
> 							matz.

Thanks much for your help. I just figured out that the default
path was recently changed to put /usr/ccs/bin before /usr/local/bin.
Changing this and placing /usr/local/bin first allowed the gnu ld
(/usr/local/bin/ld) to be used instead of solaris ld (/usr/ccs/bin/ld).
All problems have now disappeared.

Thanks again.

--
Jim Freeze