Issue #5663 has been updated by Tsuyoshi Sawada.

Also, regarding Yehuda Katz's concern:

> The only caveat is that it would be impossible to intentionally return nil here; suggestions welcome.

I would like to propose that the method takes an optional argument that determines what element is to be removed. By default, this is `nil`.

    [1, 2, 3, 4].partial_map{|i| i + 4 if i.even?} # => [6, 8]

    s = "abc"
    [0, 1, 2, 3, 4].partial_map(:ignore){|i| i.even? s[i] : :ignore} # => ["a", "c", nil]

Feature #5663: Combined map/select method