Issue #9587 has been updated by Tsuyoshi Sawada.

Marc-Andre Lafortune wrote:
> How exactly would it be easier than `1.upto(6)`?

When the start value is `1`, the argument `6` of `upto` coincidentally matches what would be the receiver of `times`, and you may not see the benifit, but when it is some other value such as `5`, then you would need to calculate that in mind:

    5.upto(11) # Need to calculate 11 (= 5 + 6)
    6.times(5) # This is easier

A use case maybe when you are writing labels for pagination buttons. You know the start value, say 17, and you want to display ten next pages. Then,

    10.times(17){|i| ...}

would give i = 17, 18, ..., 26. Doing this with `upto` or addition to the index within a `times` block may be a cause of careless bugs.

Feature #9587: Integer#times with optional starting value