How exactly would it be easier than `1.upto(6)`?

Feature #9587: Integer#times with optional starting value

* Author: Tsuyoshi Sawada
* Assignee:
* Category:
* Target version:
Just like `Enumerator#with_index` takes an optional argument that specifies the initial value of the index, I would like to request that `Integer#times` take an optional argument that specifies the initial value. The usefulness of it is similar to that of `with_index` taking an argument. We sometimes want to repeat tasks a given number of times, and want to use an index not necessarily starting from `0`.

    6.times(1){|i| puts "Chapter #{i}"}

should give

    Chapter 1
    Chapter 2
    Chapter 3
    Chapter 4
    Chapter 5
    Chapter 6

with the return value `6`. We can do it with `1.upto(6)`, or with `#{i + 1}` within the block, but giving the initial value to `times` is much easier.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/