On 01/10/05, James Britt <ruby / jamesbritt.com> wrote:
> That quote is basically the Ur-statement on "Don't just look after your
> own ass"; I have really hard time fathoming Sean comparing anyone here
> to Nazis.   Yeah, it's a bit much for this particular discussion, but
> think everyone gets his real point.

At the risk of jumping, too hastily, into a discussion I am still
trying to understand, isn't he making Austins point exactly?

As I understand it Austin is saying that we shouldn't pander to one
group (in this case Debian re-packagers) who are only interested in
what works for them at the expense of others and, in particular, a
good solution for Ruby.

From my, perhaps naive, point of view of wanting a Ruby-first solution
I tend to agree with him.

But if I've misunderstood please feel free to set me straight.

Regards,

Matt

--
Matt Mower :: http://matt.blogs.it/