Issue #9539 has been updated by Kouhei Sutou.

Assignee set to Kouhei Sutou

Thanks for your report!
I've fixed it in trunk.

It was very helpul that you attach a sample script and sample XML to reproduce the problem. :-)

----------------------------------------
Bug #9539: REXML XPath UTF8 encoding problem
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/9539#change-45435

* Author: Mario Barcala
* Status: Closed
* Priority: Normal
* Assignee: Kouhei Sutou
* Category: 
* Target version: 
* ruby -v: ruby 2.1.0
* Backport: 1.9.3: UNKNOWN, 2.0.0: UNKNOWN, 2.1: UNKNOWN
----------------------------------------
I found some problems in REXML when processing XPath expressions with Unicode not ascii characters. I attached a sample script and a sample document. If you see the script output, you will see two different problems:

1) text() XPath function does not work properly when there is an accent or tilde character.

2) two different XPath paths, one with an accent and the other without it, are considered the same.

Thank you,

  Mario Barcala

---Files--------------------------------
sample.rb (366 Bytes)
sample.xml (224 Bytes)


-- 
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/