Issue #9542 has been reported by Konstantinos Karachalios.

Bug #9542: Delegator does not delegate protected methods
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/9542

* Author: Konstantinos Karachalios
* Assignee:
* Category:
* Target version:
* ruby -v: 2.1.0p0
* Backport: 1.9.3: UNKNOWN, 2.0.0: UNKNOWN, 2.1: UNKNOWN
The Delegator of the "delegate" standard library has changed its behaviour since 2.0 because of the change in "respond_to?" concerning protected methods.

As of ruby 2.0, Delegator does not delegate protected methods any more.

In case this is indeed a bug, I will prepare a pull request on github fixing the issue.
On the other hand, if is intentional behaviour, something has to change in the documentation for "delegate" as well as [Delegator#respond_to_missing?](http://ruby-doc.org/stdlib-2.1.0/libdoc/delegate/rdoc/Delegator.html#method-i-respond_to_missing-3F) (at least the second argument's name). I can help with the code but I am not so confident in my documentation skills.

the_bug.rb (283 Bytes)
output.txt (589 Bytes)

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/