Issue #9356 has been updated by Eric Wong.

 Eric Wong <normalperson / yhbt.net> wrote:
 > Ah, I forget the outer for(;;) loop.  Maybe it's better to not loop,
 > the WAIT_IN_PROGRESS stuff is confusing...

 I have no idea how portable this is:
 	http://bogomips.org/ruby.git/patch?id=f5e2eb00e5

 Btw, I suspect the WAIT_IN_PROGRESS stuff is carried over from the
 1.8 days where all sockets were non-blocking by default, and overly
 complicated as a result.  I don't even think EINPROGRESS/EAGAIN is
 possible, only EINTR/ERESTART.

Bug #9356: TCPSocket.new does not seem to handle INTR