Issue #9113 has been updated by Sam Saffron.

@Eric

sure bench needs a bit more love to be totally representative of a rails request. Also this test will do ko1 lots of help improving the promotion to oldgen algorithm, we are talking about changing oldgen promotion to either use additional flags (as a counter) or only promote on major GC.

Either change will slash RSS in this test.

```
sam@ubuntu ~ % rbenv shell 2.1.0
sam@ubuntu ~ % ruby stress_mem.rb
Duration: 5.459891703
sam      17870  109  3.8 267076 238732 pts/10  Sl+  11:03   0:05 ruby stress_mem.rb
sam@ubuntu ~ % rbenv shell 2.0.0-p353
sam@ubuntu ~ % ruby stress_mem.rb
Duration: 7.616282557
sam      17986 95.6  2.0 151120 125684 pts/10  Sl+  11:04   0:07 ruby stress_mem.rb
sam@ubuntu ~ %

```

This is basically a repro of the memory growth under 2.1.0 people are seeing.

Feature #9113: Ship Ruby for Linux with jemalloc out-of-the-box