Eric Wong <normalperson / yhbt.net> wrote:
> The design is based on st, but uses linked-list of cache-sized arrays
> for chaining, so it's as if each bucket is an st-packed array.

Fwiw, I don't think this is a good design for our internal data
structures.  I'll experiment with others in a few weeks/months
where the lookup node is embedded in the struct itself.  It would
use offsetof (via container_of macro) to get back the original
object, meaning we avoid extra pointer chasing.   This won't
be good for things which use VALUEs as keys, but probably good
for method tables.

I'm not sure if we can/should change hash.c and its st.c usage, yet,
due to public API compatibility.