Even though this breaks source compatibility, it is worth changing it (to mark dangerous operation).
So go ahead.

Matz.

Feature #6083: Hide a Bignum definition

* Author: Koichi Sasada
* Assignee: Yukihiro Matsumoto
* Category:
* Target version: Next Major
Now, the struct RBignum which is a definition of Bignum in C is located in include/ruby/ruby.h.  It means we can't change implementation of Bignum.  For example, using GMP as Bignum representation.

I propose to move the struct RBignum definition from include/ruby/ruby.h to bignum.c.  I believe no one use struct RBignum directly (except core).

It has possibility to break binary compatibility.

hide-bignum-internal.patch (4.66 KB)

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/