Issue #7976 has been updated by Hiroshi SHIBATA.

Target version changed from 2.1.0 to current: 2.2.0

Bug #7976: TracePoint call is at call point, not call site

* Author: Ryan Davis
* Assignee: Koichi Sasada
* Category: core
* Target version: current: 2.2.0
* ruby -v: 2.0
* Backport:
Using TracePoint to make a new tracer utility I'm finding it very difficult to actually trace where the origin is for type :call. Instead, I get the destination. This is not the case for :c_call or :b_call as they trace at the origin, not destination.

Reproduction attached. Notice how it outputs ":call     wtf.rb:08 :x" where line 8 is the definition of x, not the call of x, yet the subsequent backtrace lists line 21 which is the original origin for the call to x.

tp_test.rb (1.21 KB)

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/