Issue #5653 has been updated by Hiroshi SHIBATA.

Target version changed from 2.1.0 to current: 2.2.0

Feature #5653: "I strongly discourage the use of autoload in any standard libraries" (Re: autoload will be dead)

* Author: Yukihiro Matsumoto
* Assignee: Yukihiro Matsumoto
* Category: lib
* Target version: current: 2.2.0
 Hi,

 Today, I talked with NaHi about enhancing const_missing to enable
 autoload-like feature with nested modules.  But autoload itself has
 fundamental flaw under multi-thread environment.  I should have remove
 autoload when I added threads to the language (threads came a few
 months after autoload).

 So I hereby declare the future deprecation of autoload.  Ruby will
 keep autoload for a while, since 2.0 should keep compatibility to 1.9.
 But you don't expect it will survive further future, e.g. 3.0.

 I strongly discourage the use of autoload in any standard libraries.

 							matz.

noname (500 Bytes)
5653.pdf (38.3 KB)

--