Issue #9262 has been updated by Eric Wong.

 Eric Wong <normalperson / yhbt.net> wrote:
 > So perhaps we should just add a call info-aware
 > version of rb_funcall-like functions so we can just use inline cache
 > everywhere.

 I should add: a cheap way to do this might be to just use a do/while
 macro wrapping rb_funcall with a   static __thread rb_call_info_t
 variable in its scope.

 __thread works on gcc and clang, and maybe other compilers, too,
 but other compilers may be stuck with the slow version (or non-MT-safe).
 (I prefer we use __thread in case we get rid of GVL)

Bug #9262: global_method_cache should be configurable or grow automatically