Issue #9262 has been updated by Eric Wong.

 SASADA Koichi <ko1 / atdot.net> wrote:
 > From Ruby 2.0, we use inline/global method cache aggressively. So
 > performance impact on method cache miss has huge impact (compare with
 > Ruby 1.8, 1.9), that guys already show.

 Not a serious patch or benchmark, but I don't think it's too bad without
 global method cache (inline cache enabled).

 OPT_GLOBAL_METHOD_CACHE did not disable write to method cache,
  only writes before

 http://bogomips.org/ruby.git/patch/?id=a899e54e6abc13b8816e6c5f69ff560918db4be1

 git://80x24.org/ruby nomethodcache

 I'll rerun the test later tonight when my machine is quieter.

Bug #9262: global_method_cache should be configurable or grow automatically