Charlie Somerville wrote:
> How will RubyGems use HTTPS without OpenSSL?

Good point.
This proposal should include the answer of this issue.

There are some ways for example use package manager of the OS or a browser or curl or something and download openssl.gem.
Use rvm and rvm will include openssl.gem as the part of it can be also a way.

Feature #9439: Remove OpenSSL from stdlib