Issue #9215 has been updated by Zachary Scott.

Status changed from Feedback to Assigned

Thank you both for the feedback, I'm going to apply your suggestions and ping back when its ready.

misc #9215: Maintenance Policy for Future Releases (2.1.0 & beyond)

* Author: Terence Lee
* Assignee: Zachary Scott
* Category: doc
* Target version: 2.1.0
In order to support long lived applications better, people need informationto make decisions. When someone chooses to use a particular programming language it”Ēs important to know how long something is going to be supported.

For future releases it”Ēd be great if we could provide a formal end of life window upon release. This would allow companies to be able to make decisions on how long something will be supported. For instance, when Ruby 2.1.0 comes out this Christmas, giving an expectation that support will be stopped by 12/25/2015 gives an accurate picture of how much time must be allocated to upgrading, how urgent it will be, or if Ruby is even the right language for the project.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/