Issue #9386 has been updated by jstribny (Josef Stribny).

File 0001-Fix-libpathflag-to-accept-both-arrays-and-strings.patch added

Bug #9386: Ruby won't build tcl/tk extension, libpathflag expects array

Author: jstribny (Josef Stribny)
Assignee: nobu (Nobuyoshi Nakada)
Category: build
Target version:
ruby -v: trunk
Backport: 2.1: UNKNOWN

Hi,

I wasn't successful building Ruby tcl/tk extension from trunk, since the last revision[1] switched to use libpathflag method
that expects an array, but on my Fedora "/usr/lib64":String would be passed to the method.

I believe the method should be accepting strings for single path as well (rather than fixing the commit by ensuring that an Array is passed).
What do you think? Without the patch I am including I can't build Ruby with tcl/tk ext on Fedora.

Thank you.

[1] https://github.com/ruby/ruby/commit/dc4922b89d4e11fdf6a552e226fd901c3e67c99a

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/