On Sat, 24 Sep 2005, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:

> Repackagers don't want to use the infrastructure of rubygems. They want
> to integrate into their distribution's infrastructure. This discussion
> is totally useless if you continue to ignore this fact.

This does sound remarkably like:  "If you provide the hooks (command
line options, Ruby methods, ...) to give us the information we have
asked for, then we still won't use them.".  I fail to understand how
any progress can be made on this basis.  I was under the impression
that GNU/Linux was a collaborative effort, but you seem to be
refusing to collaborate.  I hope I've misunderstood your meaning....

         Hugh