Issue #9304 has been reported by ploeh (Mark Seemann).

Bug #9304: Invalid XML entity references
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/9304

Author: ploeh (Mark Seemann)
Assignee:
Category:
Target version:
ruby -v: 2.0.0
Backport: 1.9.3: UNKNOWN, 2.0.0: UNKNOWN, 2.1: UNKNOWN

=begin
It seems that the escapeHTML method occasionally generates the invalid XML entity reference (({&tt;})) when XML escaping.

See this Stack Overflow question for more details: http://stackoverflow.com/q/20563078/126014

Although I see this issue manifest itself in Jekyll, the Jekyll maintainers closed the issue I reported there because the Jekyll filter delegates to CGI.escapHTML.

Could it be a but in escapeHTML?

I'm seeing this on my own system, which is currently reporting:

$ ruby --version

ruby 2.0.0p247 (2013-06-27) [i386-mingw32]

but I'm also seeing this on GitHub pages, and I don't know the exact version of Ruby running in that environment.
=end

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/