Issue #9286 has been reported by vajrasky (Vajrasky Kok).

Feature #9286: Add unit test for test_chown in test_fileutils.rb with non-root account
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/9286

Author: vajrasky (Vajrasky Kok)
Assignee: vajrasky (Vajrasky Kok)
Category: test
Target version: current: 2.1.0

Right now, there is no unit tests for test_chown except for checking whether chown is singleton or not. Hereby, I attach the patch to test the capability of chown method with non-root user account. Non-root user can change the group ownership of the file (but not the user ownership).

In separate tickets, I'll add unit test for chmod_r and chmod with root account. We do it step by step.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/