Issue #9244 has been reported by sylvain.joyeux (Sylvain Joyeux).

Bug #9244: unexpected behaviour of 'require' when $LOAD_PATH gets changed
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/9244

Author: sylvain.joyeux (Sylvain Joyeux)
Assignee:
Category:
Target version:
ruby -v: 1.9.3p484, 2.0.0p353

=begin
For the purpose of reproducing the error, let's assume that I have two folders a/ and b/ which both contain a file test.rb

In the following script, b/test.rb will NOT get loaded:

(({
$LOAD_PATH.unshift File.join(Dir.pwd, 'a')
require 'test.rb'
$LOAD_PATH.unshift File.join(Dir.pwd, 'b')
require 'test.rb'
}))
=end

I would have expected this behaviour before, when required files were not registered through their absolute paths in $LOADED_FEATURES. Right now, I find it confusing.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/