Bug #9242: Rdoc detection of aliases

Author: marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune)
Assignee: drbrain (Eric Hodel)
Category: doc
Target version: next minor
ruby -v: 2.1.0 preview

The online doc appears to be making bad detection of aliases.

For example, Array#map and Array#collect are not marked as aliases (on either ruby-doc.org or docs.ruby-lang.org)

On the other hand, when aliases are detected, the generated method interface and the name of the method it is aliases to are always the same for both methods.

For example, the doc for Array#find_index says it is an alias to find_index and has interface showing index  (again on both sites), e.g. http://docs.ruby-lang.org/en/2.0.0/Array.html#method-i-find_index

It might also be a good idea to always have doc examples using both forms in case of aliases.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/