Issue #9239 has been reported by sawa (Tsuyoshi Sawada).

Bug #9239: Array#to_h ignores flat arrays
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/9239

Author: sawa (Tsuyoshi Sawada)
Assignee:
Category:
Target version:
ruby -v: 2.1

=begin
My understanding was that the newly introduced `Array#to_h` was to be equivalent to `Hash.[]`. But when I give a flat array, it returns an empty hash:

I expected `{:a => :b}` for the first example, and `ArgumentError: odd number of arguments for Hash` for the second example, as is with `Hash[]`. Was it intended to be different? If so, why is that the case? Even if it is to be different, it should at least raise an error when a flat array is given.
=end

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/