misc #9218: Branch Maintainer Appointment / Discharge Process

Author: hone (Terence Lee)
Assignee: zzak (Zachary Scott)
Category: doc
Target version:

There's a library appointment / discharge policy see ruby-core:25764 (http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-core/25764). There should be a similar policy for branch maintainership.

A. candidacy process
when someone offers to maintain a branch, they must also declare how long they are maintaining it for.
B. election process
looking at the candidates and recommending someone on ruby-core/ruby-dev. When elected, the new maintainer must decide and announce how long they will maintain it for.
C. discharge process
1a. declared they are not maintaining it anymore
1b. is inactive for 1+ month and a discussion takes place on ruby-core/dev
2. a new person needs to be elected like described above.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/