Issue #9123 has been updated by alexeymuranov (Alexey Muranov).

Please correct me if i am wrong, but i think that the most useful part of this proposal is deprecating `Numeric#nonzero?` with its current behavior in favour of `Numeric#nonzero`.
Feature #9123: Make Numeric#nonzero? behavior consistent with Numeric#zero?

Author: sferik (Erik Michaels-Ober)
Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
Category: core
Target version:

Numeric#zero? returns true or false, while Numeric#nonzero? returns self or nil.

I've written a patch that fixes this inconsistency and adds a Numeric#nonzero (non-predicate) method that returns self or nil for chaining comparisons. I'd like for this to be included in Ruby 2.1.0.

https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/452.patch

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/