Issue #9123 has been updated by eweb (Eamonn Webster).

Ever asked someone 'Do you know the time?' and they answer 'Yes'. So you ask 'What time is it?' and mutter 'Jerk!' under your breath.
Ruby is a friendly language, let's not turn it into a jerk.
Feature #9123: Make Numeric#nonzero? behavior consistent with Numeric#zero?

Author: sferik (Erik Michaels-Ober)
Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
Category: core
Target version:

Numeric#zero? returns true or false, while Numeric#nonzero? returns self or nil.

I've written a patch that fixes this inconsistency and adds a Numeric#nonzero (non-predicate) method that returns self or nil for chaining comparisons. I'd like for this to be included in Ruby 2.1.0.

https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/452.patch

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/