Issue #9162 has been reported by davidann (David Weiser).

Feature #9162: Read/Write operations in Tracepoint
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/9162

Author: davidann (David Weiser)
Assignee:
Category:
Target version:

Is there a way to access when variables are read/assigned in Tracepoint?  Specifically, I'm interested in creating a tool which does dynamic, threading analysis of Ruby code to find atomicity violations, dead-locks and race conditions.  However, to do so would require the ability to know when a variable is written to, or read from, and the thread in which the operation happened.

I looked in vm_trace.c and did not find the events that would be needed to do this type of analysis.

Can I use Tracepoint to get this information?  Or should I use some other approach?

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/