Issue #9140 has been updated by rosenfeld (Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas).

Actually, it explains but I missed an example :) I do example driven development ;)
Feature #9140: Allow each_with_index to get start index

Author: rosenfeld (Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas)
Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
Category: lib
Target version:

Is it possible for array.each_with_index(1){|el, i| ... } to be equivalent to array.each.with_index(1){...}?

Sometimes the application-domain index starts with 1, not 0. Currently each_with_index doesn't accept any arguments, so it wouldn't be backward incompatible if the start index defaults to 0.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/