Issue #9136 has been updated by atlas (Atlas Prime).

Documentation it says:

> ((*In the second, deprecated, form, a generated Enumerator iterates over the given object using the given method with the given arguments passed.
>
> Use of this form is discouraged. Use Kernel#enum_for or Kernel#to_enum instead.
>

>     e = Enumerator.new(ObjectSpace, :each_object)
>       #-> ObjectSpace.enum_for(:each_object)

But #enum_for and #to_enum are not available to subclasses of BasicObject. In fact, I was defining #to_enum for a class that is a subclass of BasicObject, and now I get warning of deprecation.

misc #9136: Deprecated Enumerator.new(object, method) bad for BasicObject

((*In the second, deprecated, form, a generated Enumerator iterates over the given object using the given method with the given arguments passed.

Use of this form is discouraged. Use Kernel#enum_for or Kernel#to_enum instead.
*))

(({    e = Enumerator.new(ObjectSpace, :each_object)
      #-> ObjectSpace.enum_for(:each_object)
}))

But #enum_for and #to_enum are not available to subclasses of BasicObject. In fact, I was defining #to_enum for a class that is a subclass of BasicObject, and now I get warning of deprecation.
=end

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/