Issue #9123 has been updated by BertramScharpf (Bertram Scharpf).

> I'm not proposing a change to the semantics of Ruby; I'm proposing
> a fix to an inconsistency.

The opposite of "zero?" is not "nonzero?" but "notzero?". If the method's
name was "notzero?", one could call it an inconsistency. "nonzero?" is
not a yes-no-question.

And yes, you are proposing an inconsistency, because a lot of useful
programs would no longer work.
Feature #9123: Make Numeric#nonzero? behavior consistent with Numeric#zero?