Issue #9107 has been updated by rosenfeld (Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas).

I was just kidding, Eric. I liked Matz comment, that's all :)
Feature #9107: Introduce YES and NO as aliases of true and false

Author: gsamokovarov (Genadi Samokovarov)
Assignee:
Category:
Target version:

I have a patch introducing the constants YES/NO as aliases of true/false. You can check it out here: https://github.com/gsamokovarov/ruby/compare/trunk...yes-no

While I don't expect this to be accepted, I think it can start a discussion around supporting it.

There is a movement in recent languages to let YES/NO express TRUE/FALSE. Objective C, CoffeeScript and markup languages like YAML are some examples of that. I thing it works really well for ruby scripts, used as configuration files. The rails config/* files seem like great candidates for YES/NO usage.

Implementation wise, I choose to go with TRUE/FALSE like constants, rather than extra yes/no keywords as it seemed to me like the most unobtrusive way to introduce those.

Please, excuse me if this has been discussed before.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/