Hi,

I managed to let the interpreter crash. Yet, I don't know whether
it is the interpreters fault or mine. This is what I do:

  - Subclassing StandardError in C
  - Encapsulating some data into it using Data_Make_Struct
  - Raising this exception
  - Not catching it by "rescue"

If I catch it by "rescue", everything is fine. If I don't, the
finalizer crashes with a segmentation fault.

I made a gem out of it containting the full example and a little
bit more description:

  <http://bertram-scharpf.dnsd.me/gems/gems/dataerr-0.0.gem>.

This gem contains a build dependency, so you probably prefer to
untar it and compile it on the commandline by "cc".

My environment:

  # ruby -v
  ruby 1.9.3p448 (2013-06-27 revision 41675) [i386-freebsd9]
  # uname -a
  FreeBSD xxx 9.2-STABLE FreeBSD 9.2-STABLE #0: Wed Oct 30 20:21:00 CET 2013     root@xxx:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

Bertram


-- 
Bertram Scharpf
Stuttgart, Deutschland/Germany
http://www.bertram-scharpf.de