I had a look at https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/attachments/4038/train.patch.
Catching the 'train' emoji should be handled in the lexer, not in the
parser.

But first you have to make sure that the source file is actually UTF-8.

Also, when I looked at you first mail, I saw something that looked close
to a . Is that why this symbol was choosen?

Please note that there is nothing in the Unicode standard that says that
the symbol has to look like that, it can be a train looked at from the
front (see e.g. http://www.iemoji.com/view/emoji/847/places/train), or
any other representation of a train.

Also, as currently emoji characters are not that well supported, there
is quite some chance that the character gets rendered as a box or a
question mark, or not at all.

Regards,   Martin.