Issue #6727 has been updated by marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune).

Hi,

duckinator (Nick Markwell) wrote:
> Regarding examples of it used in practice:
>
> Just from code I happened to already have on my system, there is 501 instances of [1..-1] in Ruby code.
>
> https://gist.github.com/3967189
>
> Out of what I have on my system it is, surprisingly, used mostly in relation to Ruby interpreters: 217 instances in MRI's git repo, 162 instances in Rubinius' git repo, 95 instances in JRuby's git repo.
>
> Aside from that, on my system the usages are mostly small: 4 uses by Bundler, 11 instances by what I believe are WebKit's build scripts, 4 times by cinch, and 8 times in various other things.

I believe that the vast majority of these examples are for strings, not arrays.

Feature #6727: Add Array#rest (with implementation)

Author: duckinator (Nick Markwell)
Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
Category: core
Target version: next minor

=begin
I run into many instances where I end up using (({arr[1..-1]})), so I decided to add (({arr.rest})) to make that a bit less hideous.

Branch on github: ((<URL:https://github.com/duckinator/ruby/compare/feature/array_rest>))

Patch: ((<URL:https://github.com/duckinator/ruby/compare/feature/array_rest.patch>))

Diff: ((<URL:https://github.com/duckinator/ruby/compare/feature/array_rest.diff>))
=end