Issue #5617 has been updated by vo.x (Vit Ondruch).

Here is recent version of the patch against ruby 2.1.0 preview1

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/ruby.git/tree/ruby-2.1.0-custom-rubygems-location.patch?h=private-ruby-2.1
Feature #5617: Allow install RubyGems into dediceted directory

Author: vo.x (Vit Ondruch)
Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
Category: build
Target version: next minor

Hello,

I would like to propose my patch, which allows to optionally install RubyGems library into dedicated directory, out of the default Ruby directory structure. This should enable to easily share one RubyGems library by more Ruby implementations and avoids code duplication. I did this patch since Fedora prohibits duplication of system libraries [1], which would be the case if MRI and JRuby are installed in parallel.

Thank you for considering this patch.

Vit

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Duplication_of_system_libraries

--