Issue #8985 has been updated by funny_falcon (Yura Sokolov).

Ah, it is synchronicity.

SASADA Koichi wrote:
> I have another idea to approach for it.
>
> how about another version of ruby_xfree() and ruby_xrealloc() to passing
> 2nd argument, which is passing same information pasing to xwill_free().
>
>   ptr = xmalloc2(100);      /* allocate 100 byte */
>   xrealloc2(ptr, 100, 200); /* reallocate 100 to 200 */
>   xfree2(ptr, 200);         /* free 200 byte */
>
> Doing same objective. but reduce one function call. I like this approach.

I mentioned that one function is tradeoff for patch simplicity - just for
idea presentation. And there is REALLOC_N: passing another one argument
to could look ugly in several place.

Any way, I like idea with additional argument to functions.

Feature #8985: xwillfree - promise to free memory