Bug #8968: Baseruby is required after patching configure.in

Author: vo.x (Vit Ondruch)
Assignee: nobu (Nobuyoshi Nakada)
Category:
Target version:
ruby -v: ruby 2.1.0dev (2013-09-22 trunk 43011) [x86_64-linux]

It sometimes happens, that during packaging Ruby, it is necessary to patch configure.in (we are doing so in Fedora, there are patches in Debian, RVM does so occasionally as well). Unfortunately, since rev 42685, if the configure.in is patched, it has newer timestamp than sizes.c and therefore sizes.c should be regenerated. For that Ruby is required. Unfortunately, miniruby is not build yet at that stage and we don't want to have other Ruby on the system, due to possible bootstrapping issues.

I can workaround it by `touch sizes.c` after the patch is applied, but is there change to remove/fix this dependency? Thanks.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/