Issue #6647 has been updated by akr (Akira Tanaka).

In the yesterday's meeting,
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby/wiki/DevelopersMeeting20131001Japan
we discussed this issue.

We found that message at thread exiting with exception have a problem.
The thread can be joined after exit and the exception may be handled by joined thread.

% ruby -e '
t = Thread.new {
  raise "foo"
}
sleep 1 # the thread exits with an exception.
begin
  t.join
rescue
  p $! # something to do with the exception
end
'
#<RuntimeError: foo>

If thread exiting with exception outputs a message,
there is no way to disable to it.

So, the message should be delayed until Ruby is certain that
the thread is not joined.
This means the message should be output at the thread is collected by GC.

Feature #6647: Exceptions raised in threads should be logged