Status changed from Open to Rejected

RubyGems 2.1 incorporated my new logic for default gems while still supporting the MRI 2.0 layout for default specs.

Given that I have not maintained my cleaned-up rbinstall and no longer need the logic, I'm rejecting this. I hope at some point in the future we will be able to clean up rbinstall.rb, though.
Bug #8488: Refactor rbinstall.rb for maintenance, clarity, reuse

Author: headius (Charles Nutter)
Assignee: nobu (Nobuyoshi Nakada)
Category: build
Target version:
ruby -v: 2.1dev

tool/rbinstall.rb is used to install many parts of Ruby at "make install" time, but it has grown to a rather cumbersome size. It also houses some logic that could/should be reused by other implementations, like the default gem installation.

I would like to do some cleanup and refactoring of this file to make it easier to maintain. I'd also like to factor out the default gems logic into a separate piece of code that can be used outside of rbinstall, for e.g. JRuby.

A number of folks have contributed to this file, but kou and nobu seem to be the primary maintainers.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/