Hi,

At Fri, 8 Nov 2002 13:29:54 +0900,
Jos Backus wrote:
> So, should we perhaps add
>
>     #if defined(sun)
>     # define BROKEN_FWRITE 1
>     #endif
>
> to io.c for now? Or maybe we should add a configure option
> (--with-broken-fwrite) and tell people to use this on Solaris?
(snip)
> Don't we want to use the code that calls safe_fwrite() when defined(sun)? Iow,
> shouldn't this just be

Whichever you like, safe_fwrite() version or fputc() one.  I'm
not a Solaris user, so couldn't decide which approach is
better.

If configure can detect this problem, it may be better to let
it do and give an overriding value by an environment variable
(maybe rb_cv_broken_fwrite?) for cross compile.  Could you
provide small test code?

I prefer --with-* options when users have choice, in this case,
--with-io-write-per-byte or something else would be nice, IMHO.

# and __human68k__ would be IO_WRITE_PER_BYTE here.

--
Nobu Nakada