Issue #7445 has been updated by felipec (Felipe Contreras).

tadf (tadayoshi funaba) wrote:
> this is intentional behaviour.

Then update the documentation to say so.

> %s cannot represent localtime with offset.

Yes it can. I've shown how it can in C strptime(3), and even you showed that it works with DateTime.strftime(3).

> but, it's an option.
> we may be able to adopt this feature on next major.
> i'm not sure at the present time.

The patch is right there and it works perfectly, why aren't you applying it?

If you don't reopen this I'll escalate the issue through different channels.
Bug #7445: strptime('%s %z') doesn't work