Issue #7696 has been updated by marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune).

Status changed from Assigned to Closed

I created a new feature request #8840, so I'm closing this.
Bug #7696: Lazy enumerators with state can't be rewound

Author: marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune)
Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
Category: core
Target version: current: 2.1.0
ruby -v: r38800
Backport:

The 4 lazy enumerators requiring internal state, i.e. {take|drop}{_while}, don't work as expected after a couple `next` and a call to `rewind`.

For example:

    e=(1..42).lazy.take(2)
    e.next # => 1
    e.next # => 2
    e.rewind
    e.next # => 1
    e.next # => StopIteration: iteration reached an end, expected 2

This is related to #7691; the current API does not give an easy way to handle state.

Either there's a dedicated callback to rewind, or data must be attached to the yielder.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/