Issue #7292 has been updated by marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune).

File to_h.pdf added
Status changed from Feedback to Open

matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto) wrote:
> But I am not sure the following simple implementation works OK, e.g. what if an element is a object, or number, or anything not two-element array.

Agreed.

I believe we should only treat elements that are array-like and of length 2. More explicitly, either the Enumerable yields one value that responds_to?(:to_ary) and returns a 2-element array, or the Enumerable yields exactly two values. Other cases should be ignored, in the same way that String#to_i ignores invalid characters.

Slide attached.

Feature #7292: Enumerable#to_h