zzak (Zachary Scott) wrote:
> matz, if you can make a decision on this alias it would be appreciated!

matz explicitly said that he was not positive:

https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/6225#note-8

So it is reasonable to look for other aliases.

BTW, I don't think that Hash#merge is so frequently-used operation enough to have such a short notation.
I guess we may want it only when the values is not important, that is, when the hash is used like a set.  In this case, we can use set.rb which provides Set#+.

--
Yusuke Endoh <mame / tsg.ne.jp>
Feature #6225: Hash#+