  end

(2-2) Immutable behaviour

  def each(&b)
    @q_buf.dup.each(&b)
  end
  # only for chekcking current elements
  # not for inter-thraed communication

# Please add another possible version.

Your proposal is (1). (1) is shorter version of

  while e = q.pop
    break if e == :end

which I wrote frequently.

  q.each{|e|
    break if e == :end
  }

I'm weak negative because
  (a) seems not so convinient
  (b) #each method is for Enumerable
      If we find #each method, then we think it is Enumerable.
  (c) we have only few cases for infinite iteration #each methods.
  (d) I can think 3 versions described above with in seconds.

BTW, I think your `non-blocking' parameter should be a switch of (1) and (2-1).

Feature #8639: Add Queue#each