Can you just write a gem?

On Aug 1, 2013, at 9:24 PM, "kwilczynski (Krzysztof Wilczynski)" <krzysztof.=
wilczynski / linux.com> wrote:

>=20
> Issue #7106 has been updated by kwilczynski (Krzysztof Wilczynski).
>=20
>=20
> When talking about accepting it ... two things to consider as patch has tw=
o parts, really:
>=20
> Part 1 - Adding support for lutimes on *nix/POSIX operating systems[*];
> Part 2 - Changing FileUtils accordingly to accommodate for File getting ne=
w methods;
>=20
> As Luis proven in the past, adding Windows (_WIN32 et al) support might be=
 non-trivial. That having said, I can amend the patch to return NonImplement=
edError on Windows - not sure how much trouble it is to add support for Wind=
ows family (citation needed).
>=20
> So, even if we consider FileUtils being frozen due to lack of maintainer a=
nd Windows implementation for entire Windows family being complex (at this p=
oint at least), then perhaps we could separate concerns here and include lut=
imes patch for *nix/POSIX and return NotImplementedError for Windows for the=
 time being, and then get FileUtils and proper Windows support in check.
>=20
> What do you guys think?
> Feature #7106: FileUtils.touch should allow touching the symlink itself ra=
ther than the file the link points to
>=20
> Author: cirrusthinking (Alessandro Diaferia)
> Assignee:=20
> Category: core
> Target version: next minor
>=20
>=20
> Most systems support POSIX lutimes sys call that allows a symlink to be to=
uched. I'd like to see this feature implemented.
> Unfortunately I'd like to see this feature on Solaris as soon as possible b=
ut I cannot see lutimes syscall supported there.