Issue #8709 has been updated by charliesome (Charlie Somerville).

Status changed from Open to Rejected

=begin
Dir.glob is documented to return filenames in filesystem order:

> Note that case sensitivity depends on your system, ((*as does the order in which the results are returned.*))
=end

Bug #8709: Dir.glob should return sorted file list

Author: tommorris (Tom Morris)
Assignee:
Category:
Target version:
ruby -v: ruby 1.9.3p429 (2013-05-15) [x86_64-linux] Brightbox

On OS X, Dir.glob and Dir[] return an ordered list of files.

On Ubuntu Linux, they do not and one must manually sort them.

Returning a list of files that isn't in order fails the Principle of Least Astonishment.

I attach a unit test to demonstrate ideal behaviour.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/