2013/7/21 Eregon (Benoit Daloze) <redmine / ruby-lang.org>:

> Issue #8658 has been updated by Eregon (Benoit Daloze).
>

> While I appreciate Ruby is not always taking the lowest common denominator for functionality (fork, etc),
> we need a counterpart for Windows and OS X at least.

Users of such OSs can contribute an emulation function for clock_gettime.

> naruse gave a very useful link in #8096, http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0418/ .
> I do not wish for a so large API, but I think we should have the timestamp functionality like time.time()
> and a precise performance counter like time.perf_counter().

PEP 0418 mentions that python provide clock_gettime as time.clock_gettime.
PEP 0418 doesn't mean providing clock_gettime itself is bad idea.

Higer level methods may be useful but what I intend in this issue is a
low level primitive.
--
Tanaka Akira