2013/7/19 phluid61 (Matthew Kerwin) <matthew / kerwin.net.au>:

> Actually the supplied patch uses clock_gettime(CLOCK_REALTIME), which is =
already the C equivalent of System.currentTimeMillis().  The only issue is =
that it allocates a Time object (although it doesn't matter because that ha=
ppens before the benchmarking commences).  Since the getting of the final t=
ime and the calculation of the elapsed duration all happen in C-land, there=
's very little cost involved, even when the numbers are very large.

I feel what we need is Process.clock_gettime, as a primitive.
--=20
Tanaka Akira